It is awesome to watch him become the big brother he always wanted to be.
- He is giving Jacob piggy back rides.
- He is going for bike rides with Jacob and David and loving it
- There is laughter in my house
- Today Jacob announced to his friends that Matthew is HIS big brother, and insisted on going on a go cart ride with Matthew rather than with me!
- Yesterday David was upset and Matthew talked to David to help him calm down. This has always been something Jacob and I have done, but Matthew did it masterfully while I drove and Jacob chatted with his friend.
I am able to now see a future Matthew who has good things ahead of him.....there is still plenty to be worried about but my worries are now about how to ensure that he has the most opportunities to succeed and gain independence.
I am suddenly looking into the real possibility of him having a job, but needing a coach who can help him interact appropriately in the workplace- this is a HUGE sign of success!
I can foresee a time in the future when he will need a cell phone because he will not always be with me! That is an awesome sign of growth on his part.
He is showing so many signs of maturity and growth. Tonight alone we all sat down for dinner and he was in the basement and was taking forever. When I asked what he was doing, he told me he was doing the laundry- this is a mom's dream come true!
Then, I went out for a run, and left him to finish eating and came home to him running the dishwasher- AND this time he remembered the soap!
I am hoping beyond hope that we have come through the darkest times, but the best part is that I now know that should life get dark again, I can count on the sunshine coming back with a lot of hardwork from both of us!