About Me


I am a single mom of three amazing boys!  All three of my sons entered my family through adoption.  All three of my boys have developmental disabilities. My oldest son, Matthew has been diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. David, my middle son, has a genetic condition, he has a duplication on his 15th chromosome which leads to autism like symptoms, seizures and learning challenges. My youngest son, Jacob has learning disabilities. Each of my children bring unique challengs to our family and also bring their own personality and joys to our everyday life!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Explaining the Blog title

There comes a point in time where as a single mom you have just dealt with enough dirty diapers, enough accidents, basically ENOUGH POO! One might think when I tell them that my kids are 8, 6 and 3 that I should be at that point...but sadly, while my youngest has been toilet trained for almost 6 months, he is still the only one that is consistently trained and reliable.

My 8 year old was trained or so I thought from October through December, then maybe because of the new year, or maybe because he wanted to try a new detergent, or maybe just because, suddenly it was January 2010 and we were back to having accidents and hiding dirty underwear.

As for my 6 year old, if only they made a stand up toilet that you could poop in, he might be closer to being trained. However, he still has not mastered the art of pooping in a toilet, so as long as he has a pull up on around 4:00 everyday he poops and then gets cleaned up. During December school vacation, I thought, hell if we just USE the TOILET everyday around 4 he should be trainable! Apparently, what that leads to is one HELL of a case of constipation in a little man who is well known for being a control freak.

So basically, the long and short of it is, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em... when you have dealt with crap for as long as I have, and as often as I have.....it just seemed fitting to include that in the blog title!

No comments:

Post a Comment