Tuesday, November 23, 2010

David seizure free and ready to conquer the world

David's seizures are complex, hard to identify and at times questionable. I have said to every doctor and I readily maintain- david may or may not have seizures. David may or may not have a disorder that has a name as of right now in the medical community. All I can do is identify the "davidisms" describe them to doctors and hope that some time in the near future we get a diagnosis that identifies what is wrong and maybe a hint towards a cure.

Now that said, I am pretty confident David has seizures- they may not all be visible on his EEG , but as I have recently watched 2 other children as they were having seizures, I am not sure that they could look more Davidlike in their presentation. The far away look, the confused stare, the empty eyes.....these other children looked just like David when he is having a seizure.

Not only that, but currently David is thriving! He is excelling! He is doing amazing things, things I have waited years for! And, low and behold, nothing is happening that I have any medical concerns about. He is not having anything that comes close to looking like a seizure. His brain is calm, his behavior is very well controlled, he appears to be at peace.

He has learned to identify some sight words. He can almost write his whole name. I have received 2 emails from his teacher just to tell me how great he is doing.

he can draw me a picture- complete with sun, grass, clouds and a house. He can "read" me a few books that we have. Today he pointed out the word "to" in a book. He recognized it because of the "t" sound.

This month is amazing. His brain is at peace.

I cannot tell you what David has.....I can only describe what I see.....but for now I can say comfortably that David's brain is quiet.....he is ready for learning....he is loving the experience of learning.....and he is feeling good!

And I am loving every single minute i have watching my guy blossom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment