Monday, February 1, 2010

Fast Forward

I am realizing that my long term goal and my short term goal are not going to jive without me doing some explaining. Long term, I would like to find a way to write a book about my life and the life of my boys. I love to read about other families raising children like mine, it helps to put life in perspective and lets me know
"this too shall pass".
So, if all this blogging stuff goes well, the goal will be to one day compile it into a book for other adoptive moms who are singlehandedly raising 3 kids with special needs, who also work full time, or I guess for anyone else who wants to read about one crazy ladies life.

Short term however, my goal is just to document all the crazy fun things that happen in my life and the lives of my children. It is so funny to me that what had me tearing my hair out last week, is this week no big deal. By that I mean, last week when my oldest was having BM accidents and I was going nuts, it seemed like that was the end of the world. Fast forward though and today I found out that he took my credit card with him to school....so that REALLY seems like a big deal.

What I do have to fess up to loving is the fact that he told me about the credit card like a 3 year old will usually tell you where they are when they are playing hide and seek. You konw the famous- "I'm not in the closet. Whatever you do don't look for me in the closet" and lo and behold where do you find the child? Of course they were in the closet.

So tonight as the kids are getting ready for bed, my oldest comes up and says "i didnt bring your credit card to school today." hmmmmm, long pause on my part- what is in his hand? my credit card. where is it usually? in my room. Let's take a quick little vote- all in favor of Matthew just randomly finding the credit card around the house and bringing it to me? I think not....luckily he is super big today on telling the truth and quickly acknowledges that he goofed but "will never do that again!"

Today is one of those good days. I am back in the running for mom of the year. I was calm, I rationally laid on some guilt and told him how sad I was. He asked multiple times if I was mad, and I actually got to use the line "I'm too scared and sad to be mad". Not sure if any of what I say actually sinks in, but at least I responded with calmness and rational thoughts rather than anger! So maybe, if there is hope for him to learn that bringing my credit card to school was a super bad idea, maybe today we are on the path towards learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment