Saturday, March 27, 2010

I hate when I lose my cool

Today was just one of those days...I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, another 30 minutes of laying around would have been amazing, and yet, we just didnt have that time in our day....so instead, we have all paid for my frustration throughout the day. Yep today was one of those mom days when the kids could do very little right....

Now, before we let the kids COMPLETELY off the hook, please know that there was plenty about today that I had every right to be frustrated by.....let me detail it all for you....
1. It is not cool to wake up and find your 8 year old eating doritos on the couch.
2. It is really not cool to find your 8 year old eating doritos on the couch and knowing he shouldn't
3. It is not cool to find your 8 year old eating doritos on the couch, knowing he shouldn't because you did a fun eating healthy foods project the night before, which has now obviously taught nothing.

Fast forward 3 hours:
1. It is not cool to try to grocery shop for Passover foods in a ridiculously crowded grocery store.
2. As you leave the grocery store and announce to the kids that you are stressed and tired, and your 3 year old is crying, the 8 year old should not choose that moment to announce that he has drawn with a pen on the seat of the car.
3. The 8 year old should really have a better reason for drawing said house on the car seat than, "I didn't have any paper"

As punishment for said drawing project, I decided it would be a great idea that we would CLEAN the car----however, sadly, when I choose to clean the car, that almost always means taking the seats out, emptying the entire vehicle and really deep cleaning the car.....This project took an hour!!! As we went through this hour, in the same hour, we had a toilet overflow, and the battery on the car died....

So, it really wasn't my day, it really wasn't my fault. You will all understand why when that same 8 year old decided to use qtips to again clean his ears, that I had told him this morning he is NOT to use, and also NOT to flush down the toilet, I lost my cool.


Good night 8 year old, let's try for a better day, but let's also stay away from q-tips, pens, cars, grocery stores, doritos, and me when I am in a cranky mood......

No comments:

Post a Comment