Monday, September 6, 2010

if I write about it, it can't be a big deal...right?

So for the past week or so I have been noticing David stuttering...it started last weekend, and was just a little stutter.....but on Sunday it was worse to me. It was the beginning of every sentence and a few times he stopped talking and just walked away looking frustrated and sad. Finally on Sunday afternoon I called the doctor- when your child has a neurological issue and something that appears to be brain related starts happening, it is really, really hard not to worry, however, as I try hard to not overreact, it is hard to also stay calm.

How do you judge how many times in a day your child is stuttering? How do you determine if it is getting worse or better?Especially when others who are with your child are not hearing it, how do you know if you are just being overly sensitive and worrying too much?

Tonight we were eating dinner and David was doing great, we were eating and talking and all seemed good. David picked up his corn and all the sudden his arms moved up and down in a jolting way and he let out a little high pitched gasp.....it is nothing....right? how could it be something? no reason to worry? I am sure he is fine......I could almost pass that off as excitement, after all dont we all get oddly excited over corn? That is until we went to Walmart. As we were walking into walmart, David was riding in the cart and suddenly he flapped his arms up and down and did a weird giggle.....again, if nothing else had been happening, I would think nothing of these oddities, but this is now the third time he has done this in a week....

My plan is to call the neurologist in the morning...but what with school starting, and me starting my nursery school and all of the Jewish holidays right now, it is a hard time to worry and to stress, however I am having a very hard time NOT worrying and stressing.....I am sure all is ok... a little medication or something to help him and he iwll be fine.....he has to be fine.....he is starting first grade on Wednesday and there is no time for anything but for David to be fine....maybe if I say it enough times, he will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment