Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cuteness

Tonight the boys and I went shopping for Mother's day....because my mom reads the blog, I will not divulge any important information here, however, there were some intense moments of total cuteness that must be shared!

David is a total love, although I am not sure that is how the average person would describe him, once you get to know him well, and you are in his inner circle, you come to realize quickly this is a boy with love oozing from every part of him.

So tonight we went to Moe's for dinner, and then we were going shopping. D's big thing right now is "being a gentleman". It is his mission in life to do good and to be viewed as a perfectly behaved little man. So after dinner, he cleaned the table and got everything into the garbage can, then as we were leaving the restaurant,he grabbed my hand and said, "I'm gonna bring bubbe here, she's my best friend" and looked at me with his eyes that melt my heart.

Then we drove to Michael's Art store, and D ran in and grabbed a shopping cart. As he maneuvered it throughout the store, he kept saying "I'm a gentleman", "I'm driving like a gentleman" and he was- the care and quiet of his cart was so cute as he perused the store looking for the gift that screamed FOR MY BUBBE WHO I LOVE! As we wandered up and down the aisles, D came upon these ceramic banks in the shape of a duck and he knew immediately that he had to have them! His Bubbe LOVES ducks, and they would be perfect.

After a while of searching the shelf we sadly could not find the duck and I tried to move on, encouraging David that we would find something else. David however had other ideas, and grabbed the ducks in his hand and went about finding a salesman. Now again, if you know David, he is not my public speaker. Matthew will speak to ANYONE...actually this morning he was getting blood drawn and within 10 minutes had the life story of all 7 other people in the waiting room. However David is a boy who measures every word before he speaks it. A word with David is never wasted, and is only used when he deems it important. So as he took these ducks and searched for a salesman, and then got up the courage to use a loud enough voice to be heard by not 1 but 3 different salesman, it was obvious that these ducks were important and so was his bubbe.

Sadly, each of the salesman repeated that the ducks were not to be found. They were not in the store and would not be restocked in time for Mother's day. We will go back in a week or so to look for the ducks, because of all that they mean for David. The love of a little boy for his bubbe is pretty darn fantastic....and as he said tonight "she is his best friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment